Monday, August 9, 2010

August Contest- Win a Beret Pattern!! Or the Beret if you don't knit

Here is this month's contest!! It runs from now until Aug 31st.



I am in a Natural  mood. I will be opening a new Etsy shop called Bamboo Springs which will include only clothing made from natural fibers. The fibers will be wool, cotton, angora, alpaca, and bamboo or a combination of them. And not just knitted things, but sewn clothing too!! No synthetics at all! Whoo, lets go green! All renewable, all natural, all good!
So that leads me to this month's contest! My inspiration is Shepherd's Cross.  They employ 100% natural sustainable techniques for maintaining the flock, and the wool is washed and prepared in a chemical-free manner! Wrap your mind around that! Then check out this: 

It is a sheep's pelt, but it is felt! The sheep was not harmed from this process. It was simply sheared by hand, and the wool was gathered, washed, and pressed into this piece. It is just like a sheep's pelt. More economical, and makes a great seat cushion, mat, or what ever else you can think of. It is flame resistant, organic, chemical free, humane and lovely!
If you spin, they have a dreamy alpaca-llama blend batt, and if you knit that batt is turned into really nice yarn. They have a sport weight, and a lopi style yarn that is made from this fiber. There is a dark, and a light version of both. I have some of each!! I couldn't resist. Please check out their shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/shepherdscross  and comment back here to be entered to win a beret pattern that I came up with. And if you don't knit, well I will whip one up for you!! Just tell me the color! The pattern will be emailed in PDF format, or I can just email it to you. 

Have A Great Day!Eileen

19 comments:

  1. I checked out their shop and the fibers, pelts and yarn that they offer are wonderful in the way that they are taken from alpaca, etc. all the way to the finished product. It's great to see such care and since I can knit and use a drop spindle, I will definitely be interested in a purchase. Thank you for showing me this great shop and good luck with your own new one.

    Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/44971600/alpacallama-sport-yarn-dark-brown

    I love that the colors are natural. i usually knit with such loud and unnatural colors, it is so soft and warm looking by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would love it. It is very soft too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I marked Shepherds Cross as a favorite, in hopes that someday I can fit that awesome yarn into my budget/life :)
    I really like the idea of an all natural shop; right now all my stuff is all jumbled together, some really natural, some really not.

    Once upon a time my Grandma went to Scotland and came back with bags of wool yarn that I made lots of socks and a sweater out of, but since then I haven't gotten a chance to work with something completely natural and undyed.

    www.ellenkatherine.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, let me say that you have a wonderful shop. I love your knit tank tops and can't wait to see even more items. Also, thanks for the tip on Shepherd's Cross. When I am in yarn-buying mode again, I will keep them in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ShepherdsCross does look like a great shop, and so does yours. Thanks for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posted pictures of a hat made from the pattern you could win! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kloseknit, I love, love, love your hats...and everything else you knit! It's amazing how you can knit things up without using a pattern. You are a treasure! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Light Blue Kettle-Dyed Carded Batt of Production Suffolk Wool. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! nice place, I've bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of the Alpaca/Llama Lopi yarn in Dark Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They have some nice stuff, very cuddly looking yarn. And I love the blue batts! Thanks for having a giveaway, your pattern looks awesome.
    KJo on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the alpaca/llma/lopi yarn! Thanks for the giveaway! knitterofhats on Rav

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love natural colors and I think Alpaca/Llama Lopi yarn in the dark brown is lovely!!!

    nhsarab on ravelry

    nhsarab at yahoo dot com

    (I'm going on a vacation tomorrow but will be home on Sept 4th)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with the beautiful natural colors you have! That dark brown is gorgeous!

    alystyn on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have made a hat with that dark brown alpaca, I just have to weave in the ends- I will get it posted soon! Thank you ladies for participating, Good Luck to EVERYBODY! ~♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! 13 entries! I will pull a name tonight, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. KJo!!! Congratulations, you are this month's winner!
    Thank you all for participating!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Insider tip on some yarn- this alpaca/llama blend is going to go up in price soon, http://shepherdscross.com/files/dark_brown_lopi.jpg also on Etsy @ shepherdscross.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete