Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well its 2011. Whoop. I remember wondering how old I would be when it was 1999, lol!! (Prince Song) At that time I never would have thought that I would be living as comfortably, as close to so many people, and have a whole new family!! That includes my home family (hubby and daughter and son) and my adopted family, my in-laws (mother, father, sister, brother in laws). They have replaced my New York family as party attenders and holiday sharers. My mother's family is still in New York. I miss them, but my new family softens the change.kloseknitclaremore
I have had a very tumultuous Christmas season (that is what my calendar calls it...Christmas). I have a strained professional relationship that has snuck up on me. I don't know exactly what caused the strain, otherwise I would address it, I don't beat around the bush. But every encounter, email, conversation with this person grates on my nerves. I am pondering on severing this relationship. I think I will give it another month, but I really don't think it will last. It is too bad, but I don't want to grit my teeth every time I see this person's name on my email or caller ID. Sigh.
My online business hasn't taken off like I wished it would. Maybe that was a good thing, because I wouldn't have been prepared to supply a mountain of orders. My Etsy sales have been very steady, and very pleasant! Hopefully all of my customers are happy with their item. And I have spent $450 on a bill board sign in November for a three month spot, and have gotten NO SALES from that on my kloseknitclaremore sight! I did get one sale, from NEW JERSEY!! I doubt they saw my sign.  So needless to say, I will not be investing in that again! Sheesh. I couldn't afford it at the time. But it is cool seeing my shop name in lights.
[ insert picture in near future ]

January is selfish knitting month. I am knitting a cashmere blend navy blue Ultimate Sweater
 
 I am up to the armpits, and think I made it too short. I have a long torso, so I think I will tear out the 6 or so rounds and add another 3-4 inches before re-attaching the sleeves. I am very happy with the way it has turned out so far.

Jumping topics again, I had a craft fair that went so successfully that I almost had a fist fight over one of my last items!! This gave me resolve to prepare for next year/winter all through the year. And offer only already made items on my Etsy to keep my hands free to stock up for the next event. Depending on my production, I might even get a kiosk at the mall. That demands a huge amount of time on my part (a whole weekend, possibly every weekend in December friday, sat, sunday)! Like I said, it depends on my production through out the year. Luckilly, I have a knitting friend who is so talented and she has offered to help me in what ever I ask her to knit. We still need to work on that arrangement though, money wise for something this large. I am thinking a percentage, 10% or 15% I get to keep. Dunno, need to iron this out with her.
But anyway, I have typical resolutions. Get in shape, knit more, make more money. Be more patient with my spouse, and communicate more clearly. I sure do love that big galumph!
Have a Great Day,
Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment